Friday, February 6, 2009

Red over left, blue over right.



I'm glad that Ray Zone is still making comics. I remember the first time I ever put on those funky specs, the ones that turned flat red/blue images into multi-layered space-scapes. It was called Battle for a Three Dimensional World, written by Ray Zone and with art by Jack "The King" Kirby. I bought it from a 7-Eleven, where it sat on a rack behind the register. I must have been 11 and I certainly didn't know who Jack Kirby was at the time. For me it was about that weird trick with the glasses.

Ray Zone was the guy who brought the tricks back to the trade.He has worked with legends, like the aforementioned Jack Kirby, Will Eisner, Neal Adams, Dave Stevens.... He's even had a hand in work with some of my favorite authors, including Alan Moore and Grant Morrison.

Whenever I see a 3D comic, I make sure to pick it up. Thanks to Sara who picked up a set of plastic 3D glasses for me. The paper ones always fall apart.

No comments: